TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ads within posts

Default Ads within posts

Is this something new? Just started noticing it today. Using the same browser (Chrome) as before. Anybody else seeing this?

edit: Nevermind... looks like my subscription lapsed. I thought it was set to auto-renew.
    Last edited by GaSou93; 31st August 2022 at 04:01 PM.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Default Re: Ads within posts

Same here. I should be set for auto-renew also.

PayPal script has been causing all sorts of issues for many months now (not charging, not resetting access) ya'll both should be good. My other issue is limited time between 6am-8pm right now to check on this stuff. Appreciate your patience.

Paul
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    PayPal script has been causing all sorts of issues for many months now (not charging, not resetting access) ya'll both should be good. My other issue is limited time between 6am-8pm right now to check on this stuff. Appreciate your patience.

Paul
    Thanks Paul. No worries at all. Appreciate you looking into it in your spare time.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Looks like it is my renewal time. I sent the payment to you via Venmo last night. If there are any issues, please let me know.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Should be good to go.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

My renewal went through 9/1 via Paypal but I see ads/can't view Nest. No worries and no hurries, just lettin' ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone View Post
    My renewal went through 9/1 via Paypal but I see ads/can't view Nest. No worries and no hurries, just lettin' ya know.
    Same
    can access Nest but it’s showing last post from 2021

Cannot access Nest. My annual payment is drafted.

My renewal was early this month and the money came out. I thought everything had still been running fine, but as of yesterday I’m seeing ads in posts and lost Nest access. Let me know. Thanks!

I think my payment goes out in December and I’m not having any Nest access issues, but I am seeing a lot more pop up ads the last few days, is there some kind of setting that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I think my payment goes out in December and I’m not having any Nest access issues, but I am seeing a lot more pop up ads the last few days, is there some kind of setting that changed?
    If you're seeing popup ads you may want to do a virus scan. Our settings are to serve embedded ads within the pages, not pop-ups ... and those ads should only be served to those w/o the donor tab.

If you'll screen cap any ad you see like this, and email it to me at pwbsr22@gmail.com I will take a look at it and see if it is one of the campaigns that Google ads is serving, but it sounds unlikely.

If you're seeing popup ads you may want to do a virus scan. Our settings are to serve embedded ads within the pages, not pop-ups ... and those ads should only be served to those w/o the donor tab.

If you'll screen cap any ad you see like this, and email it to me at pwbsr22@gmail.com I will take a look at it and see if it is one of the campaigns that Google ads is serving, but it sounds unlikely.
    So I used the term pop up incorrectly I think. I’m going to send you an email of what I’m seeing, because it does seem to be different lately.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    So I used the term pop up incorrectly I think. I’m going to send you an email of what I’m seeing, because it does seem to be different lately.
    I had some Ashley Furniture ads like that pop up yesterday. Nothing sketchy like miracle wight loss pills or Time Share purchases or anything like that.
    The artist formally known as William Robert.

On the correlation of recruiting rankings and national rankings

I’m seeing the same thing: Ashley furniture adds that are showing up on the page whenever I click on a thread.
    Drew Geer
    Georgia Southern University 1991-1995
    BA History

Let me do some digging into this. Guess what happened when I logged onto this thread ?

It's not supposed to be doing this, obviously.

I will have to play around with the AdSense settings tonight. Not sure why it is serving pop ups at the bottom. Settings were to only embed ads into the thread posts for non-subscribers.

Ashley Furniture is based in Wisconsin. Clearly some game week shenanigans on their part.

I think (emphasis on think) I have the ad setting control taken care of. Google added something called 'auto-ad' and it was bombarding every page apparently.

Hopefully this resolves the issue.

Let me know (gently, lmao)

I think (emphasis on think) I have the ad setting control taken care of. Google added something called 'auto-ad' and it was bombarding every page apparently.

Hopefully this resolves the issue.

Let me know (gently, lmao)
    Looks back to normal to me. Thank you very much!