TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 590

Thread: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

  1. #461
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hilton Head Is.
    Posts
    2,093

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    You must have learned how to write these from all those “websites” you visit. They closed through Sunday. How about providing some context when you report what is actually happening.
    Can you say narrative? Sure, I knew you could...


    Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

    EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

  2. #462

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    People who think it's overblown think the idea the season will be canceled is completely impossible but people in touch with reality know it's a very real possibility
    Nice try. Except that the fact that it is overblown (and will continue to be) is precisely why the season has a limited chance of being played.

    People who think it’s overblown more likely think it SHOULD be played, not necessarily that it WILL.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

    P.S.: Have a nice day!

  3. #463

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Nice try. Except that the fact that it is overblown (and will continue to be) is precisely why the season has a limited chance of being played.

    People who think it’s overblown more likely think it SHOULD be played, not necessarily that it WILL.
    Lets get on with it, not only play but open up Paulson, if my wife and I want to attend the game we go. If we are overcome by fear that we will catch the flu and die, we won’t show up. It’s time to allow folks to have a choice.

  4. #464

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Lets get on with it, not only play but open up Paulson, if my wife and I want to attend the game we go. If we are overcome by fear that we will catch the flu and die, we won’t show up. It’s time to allow folks to have a choice.
    I'm Ready!

    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #465

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    I'm Ready!

    Well, I know better than to put a fresh dip in before I come on here!, LOL, spewed the dip.

  6. #466

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Bull. Football will be played this season.

    Only reason folks are panicking is because of the libs.
    You called?

    Heard that immunity!(sick)(sic)
    Last edited by BullEagle; 23rd June 2020 at 11:03 AM.

  7. #467

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    We've discussed how cancelling football would be financially crushing to G5 programs and to a lesser degree the P5 programs as well. This article highlights the financial impact shutting down Alabama's campus has had on Tuscaloosa and the impact if football season were to be cancelled.

    "Mayor Walt Maddox told reporters on a video conference call that not having a season could result in about $2 billion in lost revenue."
    "Maddox said the city was losing $600,000 per week when the campus was closed due to the pandemic."
    According to the University of Alabama’s economic data, the impact on Tuscaloosa was projected at nearly $2 billion for the 2015-2016 fiscal year. The football program generated $175.5 million of those funds, including about $25 million per game."

    Yes these numbers are much larger for Alabama than most other schools, but you'll see similar impacts on towns/cities with colleges and universities (except those schools in a major city).

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/a...n-the-billions

  8. #468

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    The question is not whether WE will have football this year, the question is whether UGA will have football this year. Below is a quote found almost at the end of a news article in the local Athens newspaper. Wow, the Bulldogs have some serious hurdles to overcome before Labor Day weekend!

    “UGA reported that 44 students or employees had tested positive as of June 3, according to information collected by or reported to the University Health Center. That number grew to 61 by June 8 and stood at 89 as of 8 a.m. Monday.”

    https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/...ts-under-wraps

  9. #469

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    The question is not whether WE will have football this year, the question is whether UGA will have football this year. Below is a quote found almost at the end of a news article in the local Athens newspaper. Wow, the Bulldogs have some serious hurdles to overcome before Labor Day weekend!

    “UGA reported that 44 students or employees had tested positive as of June 3, according to information collected by or reported to the University Health Center. That number grew to 61 by June 8 and stood at 89 as of 8 a.m. Monday.”

    https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/...ts-under-wraps
    What's the number out of since it says "students" and not student athletes?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  10. #470

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    What's the number out of since it says "students" and not student athletes?
    Don't expect journalists to do such heavy lifting.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

    P.S.: Have a nice day!

Similar Threads

  1. will their be a 2020 football season???? ;-(
    By TALON in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 25th April 2020, 07:16 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th June 2019, 09:50 AM
  3. The College Football season started today
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24th August 2014, 07:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •