TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 222324

Thread: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

1. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I doubt it. They raised less the $1 million is booster contributions than we did last year.
    I'm not sure what GS's booster donations were last year. App's were just over $4 million. If y'all are pulling in $5 million in donations, please share how you're accomplishing that. Like GS, App is always looking for ways to broaden our donor base and increase donations. It's definitely an uphill climb.

Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Here's what the USA Today report lists for contributions (in millions) for 2016, 2017, and 2018.

GS: 3.9, 4.0, 3.7
    App: 3.8, 2.9, 4.6

So for those years we're ahead bout $300k.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

3. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Here's what the USA Today report lists for contributions (in millions) for 2016, 2017, and 2018.

GS: 3.9, 4.0, 3.7
    App: 3.8, 2.9, 4.6

So for those years we're ahead bout $300k.
    Good. They excluded the $10 million gift we got from one donor in 2017 (FYE June 30, 2018). Those figures still put GS $100k per year ahead of App. I'd love to know how you've had success with getting new donors. It sounds like both schools have plenty of folks who are delighted to be vocal but not so delighted to donate real dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, that’s one thing we could have on App. If we win this year we will have more Top25 wins than them.
    lol
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    Good. They excluded the $10 million gift we got from one donor in 2017 (FYE June 30, 2018). Those figures still put GS $100k per year ahead of App. I'd love to know how you've had success with getting new donors. It sounds like both schools have plenty of folks who are delighted to be vocal but not so delighted to donate real dollars.
    We keep trying with programs. We have a new graduate program that is for anyone who has graduated in the last 4 years. Can't find the current details but for $50 I think it used to include free general admission for all football games. It goes up annually until you reach $120. Each of the 3 big sports has a alumni program for former players and managers. Same thing, you donate x and you get free GA tickets for the season and a nice polo. There is a referral program where current donors can earn perks for recruiting new donors. IMO it really comes down to winning at football. There is also a big booster recruiting tool where if you commit to $10K/5 years you are in the Champions level. It's a small group but growing.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    PREACH BROTHER
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

7. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Most of our defense for sure. Let's not forget that App looked rough at times in the first two years of switching to this scheme too. We've got players on that side of the ball.

As for offense, we definitely do, the problem is we're just not executing consistently enough on that side of the ball like they are.

However, App was held to the same rushing YPP that we were against ULL. Difference maker was them going 11-16 passing for 8.6 YPP. We were 6-12 at 3.1 YPP and most of those didn't come until the last drive. We need to get more consistent at passing the ball in addition to improving our run game.
    I was wrong...