TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New concessions vendor awarded contract for athletics events.

Default Re: New concessions vendor awarded contract for athletics events.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Nuts here, get your sack of nuts here...

Or if they have the candied ones:

Warm sack of nuts here...
    "Hot nuts!! Salty nuts!! Weiners!! Hot nuts!! Salty nuts!! Weiners!!"

Old Fart is gonna be all over this!
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

One thing that I found interesting was that in the RFQ packet released by the school when sourcing bids was the last 4-5 years of revenue per game per sport. I wonder if someone with the statistical resources (cough, Klak) could see if there is a correlation in winning percentage and spend per person. Same with game time and spend per person.

Not surprisingly, our highest single revenue concession day for football in the past 5 years was 9/17/2016 against UL Monroe ($81,247.66) and the lowest was 11/18/2017 against South Alabama ($28,396.27).

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    One thing that I found interesting was that in the RFQ packet released by the school when sourcing bids was the last 4-5 years of revenue per game per sport. I wonder if someone with the statistical resources (cough, Klak) could see if there is a correlation in winning percentage and spend per person. Same with game time and spend per person.

Not surprisingly, our highest single revenue concession day for football in the past 5 years was 9/17/2016 against UL Monroe ($81,247.66) and the lowest was 11/18/2017 against South Alabama ($28,396.27).
    Think you've confirmed, more people in the stadium means more money in concessions.

Also why night games are important, as those are our highest attended games.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Think you've confirmed, more people in the stadium means more money in concessions.

Yeah- that's an obvious, I'm trying to see if people spend more per person when we are winning or if they spend more per person based on time of kickoff. Of course overall numbers will be higher for more highly-attended games.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

This is where Half waits for me to chime in ... LOL

I'd be interested to see what is the breaking point on concession prices. $2 hot dog, great. $4 hot dog, okay. $5 hot dog no f'ing way. Is there a correlation in concession prices and profit? If you lower the sale price a certain percentage, do you increase sales enough to make more profit? It's better to sell 100 $2 hot dogs than 25, $4 hot dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    This is where Half waits for me to chime in ... LOL

I'd be interested to see what is the breaking point on concession prices. $2 hot dog, great. $4 hot dog, okay. $5 hot dog no f'ing way. Is there a correlation in concession prices and profit? If you lower the sale price a certain percentage, do you increase sales enough to make more profit? It's better to sell 100 $2 hot dogs than 25, $4 hot dogs.
    This is along the lines of what the Benz Dome did, and their pricing structure appears to be working really well for them. It's also earning a lot of good will for people who attend events there.

When I moved to FL a few months ago I did not know what an IBIS was, but I knew on the street where we live there was these white birds that fed in our yard and when you would drive down the street they would either run down the road or fly down the road, I started calling them Florida Guineas. Because well you all know you can't run over a Guinea, well let's just say they are not really Guineas...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    "Hot nuts!! Salty nuts!! Weiners!! Hot nuts!! Salty nuts!! Weiners!!"

Old Fart is gonna be all over this!
    Don't forget once fall gets here the hot cocoa and hot Dicken's Cider.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Don't forget once fall gets here the hot cocoa and hot Dicken's Cider.
    loved that ad
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    loved that ad
    One of the earliest things I can remember hearing over the interweb. That and the Bob Rivers parody song "Bowel Moves" that sounded like Seger.