TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 537

Thread: Shai is back.

  1. Default Re: Shai is back.

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Being arrested for anything is PC for searching the car.
    Wow.

    No it isn't.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,592

    Default Re: Shai is back.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Has the case been bound over for trial?

    If that residue turns out to really be bird poop, the video will be entirely irrelevant.

    I’m pretty sure defense attorneys defend against charges which are actually brought. No use wasting time on stuff which gets dropped.
    He was booked on a misdemeanor charge. Misdemeanors do not go to a grand jury for indictment unless accompanying a felony. He has been charged with possession, so yes he has charges.

    He has also requested a jury trial.

    His lawyer has filed a Brady motion for all evidence against him.

    A good lawyer will tear apart any evidence there is. They're not going to wait until something happens to start framing the defense. The defense's job is to create doubt so a charge can't receive a guilty verdict.

    Just stop. You are way too caught up in conspiracy land to reconcile with reality. If my lawyer isn't trying to get all evidence immediately, then that will not be my lawyer anymore.


  3. #213

    Default Re: Shai is back.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    I do think it's intriguing that they searched Shai's car but that is not discussed on the police report.
    It was mentioned that Shai was clean and the car interior was clean. AKA field sobriety test negative, car search negative. Bird poop positive. The bird was definitely not an Eagle.

  4. Default Re: Shai is back.

    I just looked it up. Werts was going 80 in a 55. In SC, going 25 miles over the speed limit meets the criteria for reckless driving that carries a punishment of 30 days in jail OR a hefty fine and is an arrestable offense. If arrested in SC, officers can search your vehicle to find evidence pertaining to the charge. The problem is that the charge for reckless driving is a gray area and can be for anything from changing lanes too many times to driving under the influence. I’m not sure what the officers thought would find in his car that relates to speeding unless they thought they’d find weighted shoes stuffed under his seat or something.

  5. #215

    Default Re: Shai is back.

    Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    It was mentioned that Shai was clean and the car interior was clean. AKA field sobriety test negative, car search negative. Bird poop positive. The bird was definitely not an Eagle.
    The report never states the interior of his car and trunk were searched. A police officer with a flashlight looking in the window can determine the car interior to be clean without physically looking through the vehicle. Interesting they left this out of the report.

  6. Default Re: Shai is back.

    With everything being said, I think we can all mutually agree on one thing..The fact that we will never be able to look at bird poop on our vehicles the same ever again

  7. #217

    Default Re: Shai is back.

    Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    With everything being said, I think we can all mutually agree on one thing..The fact that we will never be able to look at bird poop on our vehicles the same ever again
    I'll definitely never let any sit on the car again.....
    Pull right over and wash it off with the black tar heroin laced coolant I keep in the truck.

  8. #218

    Default Re: Shai is back.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    The report never states the interior of his car and trunk were searched. A police officer with a flashlight looking in the window can determine the car interior to be clean without physically looking through the vehicle. Interesting they left this out of the report.
    Would have been more directly referenced if the results had yielded anything. Efficient writing. JMO

  9. #219

    Default Re: Shai is back.

    Who exactly do you think drafts the motion to dismiss?

  10. Default Re: Shai is back.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    He was booked on a misdemeanor charge. Misdemeanors do not go to a grand jury for indictment unless accompanying a felony. He has been charged with possession, so yes he has charges.

    He has also requested a jury trial.

    His lawyer has filed a Brady motion for all evidence against him.

    A good lawyer will tear apart any evidence there is. They're not going to wait until something happens to start framing the defense. The defense's job is to create doubt so a charge can't receive a guilty verdict.

    Just stop. You are way too caught up in conspiracy land to reconcile with reality. If my lawyer isn't trying to get all evidence immediately, then that will not be my lawyer anymore.
    So-

    You are willing to pay 10 hours for him to travel and see this evidence-and then the charge gets dropped (when the lab says this was actually bird poop.)

    You like to keep lawyers wealthy, I guess.

Similar Threads

  1. Shai Werts
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 27th October 2018, 01:35 PM
  2. Shai
    By GSU08 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 8th November 2017, 09:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •