TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Sessa....

1. Default No Sessa....

So.

Now Sessa won't be coming to GS.

Not sure why, but saw a statement that he asked to be released from his national letter of intent.

Hopefully we can find someone really good to replace Bass. Sessa seemed to fit that bill.

Default Re: No Sessa....

Why......and was it good enough of reason? Then we let him get off. ???

3. Default Re: No Sessa....

Who made the statement?

if Sessa really is opening his recruitment back up, it seems like he’d be more active on Twitter but he hasn’t posted anything since committing to us.

if he did asked to be released from his NOI, it’s in our staff’s best interest to do it. Why would you want to try to force coach someone who doesn’t want to be here?

I saw it on Travis Jaudon's twitter. Didn't say why.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I hope Beck will be able to punt for us this year.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Just in general if a guy isn't active on twatter, that's a point for him in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Who made the statement?

if Sessa really is opening his recruitment back up, it seems like he’d be more active on Twitter but he hasn’t posted anything since committing to us.

if he did asked to be released from his NOI, it’s in our staff’s best interest to do it. Why would you want to try to force coach someone who doesn’t want to be here?

Not letting him out of his LOI wouldn’t be forcing him to come here. It would just block him from playing for another team for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

If Bass has another great year, continues to get great press, we will have good kickers lining up to come to GS, I'm not to concerned about this.

9. Default Re: No Sessa....

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    If Bass has another great year, continues to get great press, we will have good kickers lining up to come to GS, I'm not to concerned about this.
    I'm not overly concerned, but we definitely need to replace Bass with someone good.

Koo and Bass have us spoiled. We really need to be solid at that position when Bass is kicking on Sundays. (I still have flashbacks to our last time in the FCS playoffs. That position almost certainly cost us another NC.)

I'm getting more concerned about our recruiting. We spent a LOT of time and effort to get Sassa to sign, and now he bails? Why? Sure has been a lot of that going on.

This guy did have some impressive offers from some serious schools. Maybe he had a change of heart. But this is frustrating.

Maybe it's par for the course in the FBS, especially with all this transfer stuff happening..... But I'm becoming more concerned about recruiting in general.

I asked Lunsford about his thought on the transfer portal. His issue is the freshman/sophomore who is 5th string transferring, vs waiting it out 1-2 years and earning that starting spot.

Sure would have been nice to let him RS and then take over the kicking duties. Adjusting to the college game is huge difference. And having a year to learn under a Lou Grouza candidate?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"