TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Erk HOF!!!

1. Default Re: Erk HOF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Truly is disgraceful.

Erk worked miracles to build a program (and school) nearly from scratch.

He should be recognized. That's what American football is supposed to be about....

Pretty much anyone with bad hair and enough arrogance could step into the resources of a big school with limitless $$$$$ and see success, but what Erk did was literally drawn from ground zero. How many other coaches have ever gone from nothing to National Championships in any sport? Ever?

In my view, a college football HOF will never be legitimate until it includes Erk. He was truly one-of-a-kind, and achieved stuff no one ever has before or since.

The HOF is pulling the equivalent of honoring all the Founding Fathers-except Ben Franklin, because he spent too much time in France.

The 10 year rule is just as pointless and irrelevant.
    That's well put.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

2. Default Re: Erk HOF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hambone View Post
    Cool non sequitur.
    I'm a non sequitur.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

3. Default Re: Erk HOF!!!

I think that Johnson will probably be voted in the next few years...it would be nice for him to use that platform to elevate the discussion about Erk.

Default Re: Erk HOF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    I'm a non sequitur.
    Nemo Sine Vitio Est

5. Default Re: Erk HOF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDad View Post
    I think that Johnson will probably be voted in the next few years...it would be nice for him to use that platform to elevate the discussion about Erk.
    Yes.

PJ was far better than most at that kind of football.... He wouldn’t ever have had these opportunities without Erk and GS.

Hopefully someone with some influence will make some needed changes. Erk was truly a landmark.