TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

Default Re: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    You bet!! I was able to spent time this past week with the new recruiting class, and they are an impressive group. Several have been here since January. I will be surprised if some of these guys don't play right away.
    If you're talking defensive recruits do you see any of them have a good amount of playing time mid season?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2. Default Re: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    If you're talking defensive recruits do you see any of them have a good amount of playing time mid season?
    The most talk was about a LB and a LB/DE on def and an OL and WR/TE on off. Don't remember names. Not that he will play this year, but the QB Jaden Jenkins is a really impressive athletic looking guy. He will get your attention when you see him.

The most talk was about a LB and a LB/DE on def and an OL and WR/TE on off. Don't remember names. Not that he will play this year, but the QB Jaden Jenkins is a really impressive athletic looking guy. He will get your attention when you see him.

I’m hoping the TE you are referring to is Beau Johnson. It would be really nice if he was able to contribute right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Javonte McGriff is the OL the coaches love. Even with all the linemen we have returning, he might get a real shot to win a starting job.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Jenkins’ HS film got my attention. Wow.

He’s built kinda like Deshaun Watson and seems to love contact. He’s a very physical runner.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

He’s built kinda like Deshaun Watson and seems to love contact. He’s a very physical runner.

Watched him play in person twice as a junior. He was in a rotation then and was the #2 guy. Looked raw (and probably still is a little since he’s only had 1 year as a starter) but his athleticism stood out.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

7. Default Re: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

Yep. You never know how guys will perform when they get on the field, but my impression is that the coaches think he could be special.

Yep. You never know how guys will perform when they get on the field, but my impression is that the coaches think he could be special.
    Yeah. I have no idea how well he can (or will) throw or pitch, but IMO he runs like a Dan Mullen QB, if you know what I mean.

You could run as much QB Power as you wanted with him.

p.s. I’m glad to see your optimism, Indy! I don’t mean that ugly, either.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

I see McGriff is listed at 6'1" 285. Just based on that I'm guessing he's a classic Georgia Southern OL that packs a wallop. I'm hoping by late season there's multiple freshman OL on the two deep if not starting.

I'm curious what defensive players Indy was referring to. I honestly didn't remember signing any linebackers and then went back and counted and we signed 1 ILB.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I see McGriff is listed at 6'1" 285. Just based on that I'm guessing he's a classic Georgia Southern OL that packs a wallop.
    I’ve heard that his HS coaches consider this the case, and that he made an excellent impression on the GS coaches this spring.

Supposedly, he’s a good kid who flips the switch to nasty when he puts on pads.

In their words, yes, a classic Georgia Southern lineman.
    Thanks, Rastabot!