TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

Default SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

Opening Round: South Alabama defeats Arkansas State 75-67; ULM defeats App. State 89-80. USA will play Louisiana and ULM will play Coastal Carolina Thursday. We play the winner of ULM/CCU on Friday night.

https://sunbeltsports.org/sports/201...px?path=mbball

Against ULM this year, we split the series:

1/10 Home Win 79-78
    2/8 Road Loss 79-88

Against CCU, we won the only meeting:

2/21 Road Win 79-74
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

I don’t like the ULM matchup. They can shoot lights out and have the best guard combo in the league with Ertle and Smith. If Smith gets hot he is unstoppable. I would love to see them go down but have a feeling that’s who we get. The only advantage would be it will be their 3rd game in 4 days and they are not very deep. GATA

I DONT want ULM!, CCU please.

4. Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I DONT want ULM!, CCU please.
    +1

It’s funny, near the end of the State game I said to a fellow alum that I have a bad feeling that we will lose to ULM in our first game. That school is just a thorn in our side. Let’s go CCU.

The only shot we have in this tournament is to not have Saturday be a game we need to win late and for Georgia State to get upset in the semifinals. I don’t think we have the depth to win a third day in a row unless the team we are playing is also on its third game in a row. I’m not confident we even have the depth to win a super physical 40 minute game against a team playing its first game on Saturday.

6. Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

It’s hard to win 3 games in three days..now if we would have taken care of business against state last game..I would feel better about 2 and 2

I mean...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Is...hamas_Showcase

Y'all realize we've already won three games in three days once this season, right?

I'm not saying it is or will be easy, and we did it with Ike. But we didn't have Simeon, and we did knock off a pretty good Montana (23-8, 1 seed in Big Sky tournament) team in the third game. And we did that with Crawley in limited minutes and no Quan. It's almost like Coach Byington was trying to get his team ready for the postseason.

We also played tough at 21 win Dayton, took soon-to-be NCAA bound UCF to the brink, played at Radford who lost in their tourney final, and beat Bradley who won their tournament. Our guys are seasoned. I don't know what will happen, but i'm confident they'll be ready come Friday night. I almost feel like losing to State took a lot of weight off our team, and if we don't win out well we didn't have Ike and we were only the three seed.

Cue the Jake Taylor Major League meme...

8. Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    I mean...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Is...hamas_Showcase

Y'all realize we've already won three games in three days once this season, right?

I'm not saying it is or will be easy, and we did it with Ike. But we didn't have Simeon, and we did knock off a pretty good Montana (23-8, 1 seed in Big Sky tournament) team in the third game. And we did that with Crawley in limited minutes and no Quan. It's almost like Coach Byington was trying to get his team ready for the postseason.

We also played tough at 21 win Dayton, took soon-to-be NCAA bound UCF to the brink, played at Radford who lost in their tourney final, and beat Bradley who won their tournament. Our guys are seasoned. I don't know what will happen, but i'm confident they'll be ready come Friday night. I almost feel like losing to State took a lot of weight off our team, and if we don't win out well we didn't have Ike and we were only the three seed.

Cue the Jake Taylor Major League meme...
    The difference is that “pretty good Montana” team also played 3 games in 3 days. That will not be the case for Georgia State and Texas State in NOLA.

I think back to 2014 when had to play three days in a row. We played lights out the first two games and then faded at the end of game three.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think back to 2014 when had to play three days in a row. We played lights out the first two games and then faded at the end of game three.
    It's not like the opponent did much better.

That was way too few points for a championship game.